CIS & IR35
HMRC's Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) has an extensive impact on contractors and subcontractors. There are significant penalties for failure to operate the CIS correctly which can result in serious consequences for businesses. In addition the current requirement to consider the question of employment status when engaging any subcontractors adds yet another layer of complexity.
Within our Payroll Department we have dedicated CIS specialists with practical experience of working with contractors of all sizes in relation to the CIS, offering reviews of compliance, training and consideration of the status of any labour-or subcontractors and the terms and conditions under which they are engaged.
Our services include:
- Registration to CIS as a Subcontractor
- Registration to CIS as a Contractor
- Aplication for Gross payment status
- Verifying Subcontractors
- Advising on employment status
- Preparation and submission of Monthly CIS Returns
- Issuing Payment and Deduction statement to relevant subcontractors
- Submitting Employers Annual Return Form P35
- Chasing refunds due from HMRC or arranging for them to be offset against Corporation Tax liabilities
- Preparing Tax Returns
If you would like any advise on the above or would like us to operate your CIS on your behalf leaving you free to deal with the day to day operation of your business then please give our Payroll Department a call.